If you haven’t tried Pork Belly Burnt Ends in this delicious sauce then you're missing out! They're like Meat Candy and will leave a smile on even the fussiest face.
- 1kg CHOP! Pork Belly Pieces
- BBQ rub of choice: We used Four Monkeys BBQ Pork Rub
- 1 Medium Sized Tin Foil Tray
- Tin foil
1 ½ cups water
¾ cup white sugar
1/3 cup liquid honey
1 tsp fish sauce
2 red chili’s finely chopped
1. Pre heat BBQ to 275-300F with your choice of fruit wood to flavor
2. Season your pork belly pieces in salt & pepper
3. Place pork belly pieces into the BBQ and cook for 1 hour at 275-300F
4. Mix all sauce ingredients together in a pot and heat on low, stir every couple of minutes until the sauce starts to thicken and become quite thick. This should usually take roughly 30 minutes on a low heat, once thick remove from heat and add it to your pork.
5. Remove pork belly burnt ends from the BBQ, place in a tray and add your honey, chili & caramel sauce on top of the pork. Cover the top of the tray with tin foil and cook for a further 2 hours at the same heat.
6. Remove and rest for 10-15 minutes before serving!